Sharing Mastering Knowledge
Keep the Low End Alive
by, 05-16-2012 at 09:57 AM (245 Views)
At last, the new web site is on line!
- The online algorithm is updated to version 3. This latest development provides an improvement in the low frequencies through a refined psycho-acoustic model for this part of the spectrum.
- Audio files in 32 bit float are now supported in order to eliminate any risk of saturation during mixing in this format.
- The free preview duration is increased by 50%
- The upload page is simplified.
- The site now includes a customer page.
Apart from the new hearing model, the key point of the bass enhancement is removing the front HPF on the signal path. The new strategy is keeping the extreme low end as it is. No gain, no cut. Surprisingly, this strait path also impacts mids and highs in a positive manner.
You can test your own files at MaximalSound.com
So, my current opinion about the low end management for mastering is "keep it alive".