The AMS Neve 8051 Analogue 5.1 Compressor. A powerful and responsive tool for surround mixing.
The AMS NEVE 8051 is an analogue compressor with six transformer balanced audio paths complemented by two side chains and a key input. Flexible side chain routing, trimming and filtering, make this a powerful and responsive tool for surround mixing. The Neve 8051 uses the same feedback topology as the 33609 compressor, the style of compression that has created the famous Neve Sound. Each channel can be controlled from either Side Chain A or Side Chain B. The six signal paths can be split between the two side chains in any format required, for example with L, C, R, LS, RS on Side chain A and LFE on Side chain B, with L, C, R on Side chain A and LS, RS on Side chain B, as a pair of separate stereo compressors, etc.
The main features of the AMS NEVE 8051 include:
- A powerful and responsive tool for surround mixing in music recording, post production and broadcast applications
- LFE Filter: 12dB/octave low-pass, -3dB frequency selectable to 80Hz, 100Hz or 120Hz
- Sidechain & Key Filters: 12dB/octave high-pass, -3dB frequency selectable to 80Hz, 100Hz or 120Hz.
- Threshold: -20dBu to +16dBu master control, with Â±15dB trims on all channels.
- Make-up gain: -10dB to +20dB
- Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1, MAX (~8:1).
- Attack: 2ms, 4ms, 6ms, 8ms and 16ms.
- Release: 100ms, 200ms, 400ms, 800ms, 1.5s and 3s.
- Output Level Trim: 0dB to ?5.5dB pad, in 0.25dB steps.
- Equivalent input noise (20kHz band):
- THD+N (for 20dBu input @ 1kHz):
- Maximum Output Level: >26dBu into 600 ohms
- Interchannel Crosstalk: