Skip to main content

hey folks!

i just ordered a PreSonus firebox to get sound into my computer and the deal came with two AKG D660S dynamic cardioide mics. i was originally planning on buying a couple of 57s or 58s for studio recording (mostly vocals and acoustic guitar), but now i've got these AKG's coming, so i'm trying to find out if i should waste my time and energy trying to get decent sound out of them, or if i should just resell them and buy some condensor mics...ANY thoughts would be much appreciated!

here's a link to the product description:

http://www.AKG.com/products//powers...angauge,EN.html

(they *seem* to be more for performance than for recording)

Topic Tags

Comments

moonbaby Thu, 07/14/2005 - 10:51

They *are* more for performance than recording. The 660 is a "budget" mic, and AKG's strength in the mic world is NOT exactly "budget" anything. They might be acceptable when stuck in front of a guitar amp or to record a revved-up Vespa, but otherwise, take 'em down to your local music store and trade 'em for a couple of stands. Or a FuzzFace. Ditch 'em, baby!
Then get yourself a couple of REAL mics...Like a 58 for the voice and a 57 for everything else....PEACE!

BTW...The AKG D880 makes a great snare mic, but it's hard to sing into a snare mic when you're playing guitar!

x

User login