Skip to main content

Right now I'm looking at picking it up for its price, versatility in pick up pattern, SPL range (155db max SPL I believe), and because I like the sound of AKG mics. I've worked briefly with the perception 200 and I'm wondering how this one differs, if it does at all.

Input from anyone who's used it or heard it are much appreciated. I couldn't find any meaningful reviews about it on google or by searching up top, fyi.

Thank You!
Joe

Topic Tags

Comments

rmsaudio Tue, 05/11/2010 - 17:48

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any experience with this microphone in the last few years? I'm considering buying a few of these microphones at some point. Just for general purpose work. There's a demo "youtube" video that AKG put together, and the sound is pleasant to my ears, but the video was made by AKG (so I'm thinking "of course it sounds good!").

There's a third party review or two on Youtube as well but they weren't made under "ideal" conditions. I'd be curious to know if anyone has used these in a studio setting, with acoustic instruments or voices? How well does the mic handle high frequency transients? Do you get a lot of noise transmission into the mic body through the stand etc?

If anyone has used a stereo pair of these mics in omni mode on a piano, close to the hammers, in a small room, I'd like to hear the results if you're willing.
Rob

x

User login