Skip to main content

Hey, I am using a MOTU 896HD into cakewalk on my pc. I would really like to get a control surface! I can get them both for about the same price ($200). Or do you know of any thing for about the same price that will work for me?

Also, it says for MIDI, when I am recording in cakewalk. To add a track i click Add Audio Track. Not Add MIDI Track. So am i even recording in MIDI? will this even work?

Thanks a lot!

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sat, 12/25/2004 - 23:35

Hey

Even an audio track may be controlled by MIDI - parameters in your software mixer like volume have options to be controlled by MIDI, for instance, and effect patches for audio tracks usually also have MIDI control.

The Behringer has motorized faders, which means that A, you can make presets and have all the faders jump into place, and B, you can have it automatically follow the onscreen changes when you do automation. It's also a somewhat bigger box with 100mm rather than 70mm faders. It has footswitch inputs in the back, too. All in all, I'd consider it a superior product, though it's noticably clunkier and less portable. I was hesitant because Behringer uses a (possibly sweatshop) factory in China and is known to copy engineering from other companies, and is often frowned upon, but the deal was just too awesome to let morals get in the way ;)

For a sleek, simple, highly portable solution the UC33e is definitely not bad, though. Especially since it's like $40 cheaper ($180 or something vs. $220)

x

User login