Skip to main content

Hi? I have a serious ? I'm new to the music scene and I'm having trouble getting my vocals and others to sound. . well like a normal voice should. I'm using a Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer, its preamping my Apex 420 mic. The ? i have is wut are some good mixer eq's or settings to get a good tone, I run the Apex through the Mackie's channel 1 preamp, should i leave the hi, mid, and low eq's set to normal or adjust higher? should I adjust the mic trim? should I mess wit the channels gain fo the mic? and should I mess wit the overall mixer's volume as well? I know dis sounds like a newbie ? but I can't seem to get the professional sounding vocals dat I'm hunting for, I run everything into a studio sound card dat is ran by Nuendo. Also under Nuendo after I record a vocal, I compress it at 3:1:1 ratio, then I de ess it at the maximum de esser level, then I denoise the whole vocal. am i doin the right thing? should I use something such as BBE Sonic Maximizer to raise the vocals after or just bring the beat down? if u can help contact me at brown13@bellsouth.net, unda aol at jb4play, or msn messenger at jb4play@hotmail.com, check my music at http://www.mp3.com/lil_rel, ALL HELP IS NEEDED! thx guys :)

Topic Tags