Skip to main content

Has anyone heard this mic, I cant find many reviews about it. Mainly Mojave reviews of their own mic, but I havnt found many others.

Comments

citrusburst Mon, 12/05/2005 - 12:55

I've used the MA200 extensively. It's a fantastic vocal mic.

Someone with more expertise than me could probably explain this better, but, basically, the transient response of the mic, coupled with the harmonic distortion provided by the internal tube circuitry, is ideal for vocal work. It sounds really excellent on upright bass as well.

But, for sources that have a lot of high-frequency transients (acoustic guitar, for example), this is not the right mic.

So, it really depends on what sources you are looking to record with the microphone.

anonymous Mon, 12/05/2005 - 20:48

Thanks guys I thought I might never find a legit review of this mic. Im seriously thinking about getting one. I am recording a lot of hip hop, RnB, mostly male vocal stuff, so it sounded like a good mic to get. Now I am running my mics through "The Brick" right now, I have a Baby Bottle, AKG 414B XLS, and a MXL V69. I am also thinking of getting a Summit Audio 2BA-221 or an Avalon M5...what would be your recomendations????