Skip to main content

Hi All,

Long time since I have posted. Glad to be back.

I dug through the search here, the PreSonus web site, YouTube, and Google looking for information/tutorials that walked through and explain how to use the Universal Control specifically for the FireStudio 2626.

The Universal Control software has a unique layout for each of their different products, so the one video I found on YouTube talked only about use with the FireStudio Tube.

I have searched everywhere and have come up empty handed.

So my question is this: Can anyone explain to me or help be better understand how to do routing through the Universal Control for the FireStudio 2626 or point me some place that has information? I would even be willing to buy a book, but I cannot find any books about Universal Control in general, let alone specifically for the 2626.

Thanks!

Comments

hueseph Fri, 02/25/2011 - 17:52

It really depends on what DAW you are using and how you plan to make use of Universal Control. If you want to use outputs 3 and 4 as auxilliary sends to an outboard reverb you need to set that up in your DAW. Essentially, you need to create two aux buses and direct them to the appropriate outputs. If you want to create a headphone mix again you would want to create two or more buses in your DAW depending on how many headphone mixes you need. If you plan on using the outputs as stems to mix down on an analog mixer to whatever media or back into two tracks in your DAW, again you need to create buses in your DAW.

If you could explain exactly what you plan on doing, it would make this all a little easier since I'm just taking stabs in the dark as to what you plan to accomplish.