Skip to main content

Any of you guys used this combination?
I'm having trouble with mine. The card has 26 in's and out's (3 ADATS and a SDIF) which appear fine in CoreAudio's driver and in Logic Setup Assistant but then when I open Logic (Platinum) I can only choose from inputs 1-12. This is a bitch cos I've got a Mackie 24-track and having to re-configure to get stuff in is a real pain!
Any ideas...
(I'm new to Logic so feel free to be patronizing!)
Chris

Comments

robb007 Sun, 06/29/2003 - 10:41

Look in your manual it has a whole section on configuration for Logic and compatible sound cards .You will have to click on the box,s for input /output.This might also be a problem with your sound cards software .Get both manuals out and work on Logic first and then the software for the soundcard .Ive been a Logic studio for well over 6 years .I love it and would never go back ,softsynths ,Rhodes ,Hammond,Sampler,Running off 2 frontier design cards the Dakota and Montana.32 in/ 32 adat give use a ring back explain specs on computer software drivers video cards that is cracks and all!We can't fix it if we don't no whats under the hood .

Logic Lover

anonymous Sun, 08/03/2003 - 03:02

Hi,
you will need to download a new driver from RME website - the one at Nuendo is very old, and I think you already know RME9652 and Nuendo9652 are the same.
And unless you have a new 9652 card (the one which included Midi and DSP) ... the old one doesn't perfect in OSX, last time I checked was a beta driver.
You don't have to do anything in Logic, Logic will detect your card setting under Coreaudio.
Hope this help,
Sonny

Opus2000 Sun, 08/03/2003 - 09:28

Gdub and DS

He's on a mac on OS X..anytime you see Core Audio mentioned that means that there are no drivers needed.

Apple has implemented the ability to us cards without third party drivers.

Although it may be that the RME card might need the ASIO driver instead of the Core Audio system use.

I've seen cases where this is necessary.

For instance, Cubase SX, DP 4 and Nuendo 2.0 all need ASIO drivers for any USB audio device!

Otherwise I couldn't tell ya much more than that!

Opus :D

gdoubleyou Wed, 08/13/2003 - 20:48

The speed of the cpu gives a good indication of the age and the bus speed of the model he has. could affect advice given.

There are also various flavors of Jaguar, Core Audio/Midi wasn't real until 10.2.2, 10.2.4 integrated mLan. the current version is 10.2.6.

Currently Core Audio drivers are required for PCI and Firewire devices.

Apple did develop system level driveless USB support, and some USB audio devices don't require a driver.

Only the Steinberg DAWs currently don't have the driverless USB support. The Tascam USB interfaces have specific full duplex drivers and will work with SX/SL/Nuendo. EZ-Bus, EMI 2|6 interfaces will not work.

MOTU addressed driverless USB issues with their 60-day update, version 4.01. Owners of the EZ-Bus that had working interfaces with Cubase5 & OS9, have been waiting about a year for the same support in SX/SL/Nuendo.

I'm currently using a EMI 2|6, iBook combination for remote locations.

It's going to be rough for Steinberg to convince interface makers to write USB drivers, if they are not required by the OS.

:cool: