Skip to main content

https://www.samsung…

Holy Smoke batman, these things are screaming fast! 3,500mb read speeds, 2,500mb write speeds! and the best part, is they are as cheap, or cheaper than the predecessors. Man, am i glad i waited to build my flagship machines. in three years since i bought an i5 quad core, sata SSD's were the state of the art @500mb read write speeds, and cost 3x what they do currently.

There has been a slowing in intels processor production/release, and a huge leap in storage. I'm hoping this means positive things for Hi fidelity streaming, and an aI'm towards quality, now that storage speed isn't the bottleneck anymore, and capacity prices are creeping down for these amazing ssd's.

Comments

kmetal Mon, 07/02/2018 - 16:22

Makzimia, post: 458015, member: 48344 wrote: The remaining issues facing storage center around size of storage, and long term reliability. Believe it or not, tape still reigns supreme:).

Tony

thats a good point. amazingly, if stored properly theres at least a 50yr shelf life for tape. its an art to baking it and getting it going again, but at least its there! apparently Samsung upped the warranty to 5 years, from 3, so i guess their feeling more confident in the drives longevity. dvds/cd's have an extremely longs shelf life too, and again, at least its physically there, and the code can be deciphered. in addition to the 3 clouds, and multiple physical drives, ill be backing up to high capacity blue ray as well, in the interest if having a physical copy. RAID configuration is good practice i believe with SSD's especially.

reeskierstead5 Sun, 04/24/2022 - 21:51

It is quite normal that progress does not stand still and technology is developing so fast, especially now, in the age of science. I like to watch this and constantly read the news of the world of science and technology. Lately, I've been thinking about going into programming and getting a new job. I want to work for a company like salvagedata.com to help people recover their data. I am not only interested in this, but I would also like to write different programs for robots. In general, there are a lot of plans, and it inspires me a lot