Skip to main content

my friend has a esp ltd electric guitar,a very good guitar but the only problem is the lycensed floyd rose, it has emg hz two humbuckers.
the guitar i've selected ltd m1000fm has original floyd rose but it has two emg 81 humbuckers which i read that they sound better for the heavy metal kind of thing especially sound like slayer.
which I'm afraid i don't want particularly that kind of sound.
the sound i like from players like.
michael romeo from symphony x,shawn lane, dAvid martone (he by the way has a parker brand guitar) which is very expensive. my budget is only 1000 us $ max.
i know that a lot of other things do matter for the sound of the guitar but still I'm confused because of the pickups.
please suggest me some solution.

Comments

Tommy P. Fri, 06/10/2005 - 21:21

The pickups are the single most determining factor for the guitars sound(besides fingers, of course).

I like the fretwork on the LTD's, but I don't care for the Earvana nuts on some of them. Nice lightweight Les Paul style guitar, right? Neck is a little too narrow, but nicely finished.

You should really save your money and get the Parker, if thats the tone you like. They have top notch necks and fretwork, bar none.
Work an extra job for a while to get the cash. You'll never regret buying quality that will last a lifetime. A top model guitar is still only a fraction of the price of a new car. The car will be in a landfill soon enough, and the guitar you can pass on to your children.
8)