As an "only" 25 year old newbie in this music passion thing maybe I can share my point of view.
At first I want to mention that I'm into Hip Hop / R'n'B and you might except that I don't know nothing 'bout "good" music, well here's the surprise.
As you maybe wouldn't assume, my musical taste is very broadbased and so it will get a little mixed up. Because for my in first it counts the song not the genre and there is a lot good music outthere.
My first influences from like elementary school is
he definite coined my feeling for rythm and vibe.
then I've got really early into that Hip Hop thing without disregarding there's alot more out there.
- Beatles / definite great Songs
- Hendrix / wooow that guitar sound
- Santana / another one (how long he's in that game? and still up to date)
- Stevie Wonder; Lionel Richie and all that Motown Stuff / love it!
- Kraftwerk / they were real pioneers
- Aerosmith / no comment there - they speak for themselves
- Michael Jackson / the King of Pop
- Timbaland-Outkast(Organized Noize)-Dr. Dre / put a stamp on that genre and took it to the next level
these were just a few from my perspective. Couldn't write them all down, the list would became too long.
To these people just two words "Big Respect"
not only for the good music that made me always feel good but also for the creativity and passion for the thing they love the most.
I must admit that I don't know where this sentence came from but I've heard it and loved it because it's so true.
"Creativity is about not imitating." That's why they are the Big One's. Just my two cents.