Well your computer is certainly nothing to write home about. There's three things that I would change right there^. But the fact of the matter is that you are getting audio dropouts. This happens when your computer is running so fast that it trips over its own feet. There are things you can do to make your computer run better but I'd recommend you do this...Originally Posted by massivenoob
1. Get an audio interface - it takes the weight off of the computer's onboard soundcard while giving you the processing power of a soundcard 100x better than what comes with yours.
2. Record to an external HD - it takes the weight off of your internal HD, allowing for faster processing of incoming signal.
3. Close all other programs while recording
4. Close all internet connections while recording.
5. Increase buffer size to above 256, higher is recommended.