1081R AIR mic preamp channel strip. The 1081R is the ideal solution for engineers seeking multiple channels of Neve sound quality without investing in a new console. This system consists of a microprocessor-controlled 12-slot rack and a choice of two superb mic preamps, the Neve 1081 and Air Montserrat (from the vintage Air Montserrat console).
By selecting their desired combination of mic preamps, engineers have the flexibility to record classical, pop, rock, or any other musical format, and control it all from a Mac, PC or Neve Console. In terms of application, the Air Montserrat Pre is the optimum choice for ambient recording, while the 1081 offers the perfect response for close miking of vocals, acoustic instruments, and percussion.
The rack can be positioned remotely and controlled via Mac or PC, making it the perfect choice for studio or live recording applications. (Connections come courtesy of a 9-pin serial control cable via RS232 to RS485 converter.) Operational settings such as gain, phase and 20db pad can be controlled either from the rack or via the interface screen, and stored for later recall.
The 1081R allows these legendary mic preamps to be used as remote inputs for the 88RS analogue console, or provides the perfect companion to our digital consoles.
The mic preamps utilised in the 1081R Remote Rack represent the very essence of the Neve sound. These pres?the 1081 and the Air Montserrat?are chosen time and time again by recording engineers and producers all over the world. They have proven themselves over decades of tracking some of the most famous recordings of all time, and are found in a vast majority of the world's finest studios.
- Microphone Input : XLR inputs, Zin 1Kohm @ 1kHz, gain +20 to +70 in 5dB steps
- Microphone Maximum Input Level, with 'pad' in : +24dB
- Outputs : Max +26dB into 600 ohms. Z out 50 ohms +/-5% @ 1kHz, balanced
- Distortion : Not more than 0.07% for 20dBm output from 50Hz to 10kHz @ 60dB gain
- Microphone EIN : > -123dBm 20Hz to 20kHz @ 60dB gain
- Module Dimensions : 35mm x 158mm
- Optional Mic/Line input Modules Specification and Description
- There are optional variants of the above modules which allow a line input to be switched into the circuit allowing complete low impedance, line level feed from the rack to the console.
- Line Input: Zin 50k ohm, unity gain, electronically balanced.