Four Classic Mic Preamps, One Powerful Remote-Controlled Unit
The 4081 Quad Mic Preamp builds on the incredible success of the 1081 and 1081R modules and provides both powerful control and the legendary Neve sound.
Perfect for vocals, ADR and Foley Recording, the 4081 features make it the Mic Preamp of choice for any studio, OB truck or a live stage environment.
Every function of the 4081 can be controlled directly from the front panel or by remote control using a Mac or Intel based computer with Neve Remote Control software. This provides a simple and elegant solution for users of ProTools, Nuendo, Cubase and similar DAW systems. Multiple 4081 units can be linked together to create up to 64 independent channels of Mic Preamps or Line Level inputs ? all controlled from a single computer.
An optional Digital card provides a FireWire/AES interface with four channels of A/D conversion to either AES or FireWire. An insert point is available before the A/D converter on each channel to allow external, analogue Outboard equipment to be switched into the signal path. Four channels of AES-to-analogue or FireWire-to-analogue conversion are also available.
Like all Neve outboard products, the 4081 Quad Mic Preamp is hand-built and hand-wired by skilled Neve professionals in Burnley, England. Its design delivers vintage Neve sound, and builds on the legacy of the highly sought-after 1081 products.
- Remote Control of legendary Neve microphone preamp design
- Four genuine 1081 Mic preamp channels in a single 9.5” wide unit
- Two units can be linked together to provide 8-channels in a 19” unit with optional 19" rack-mount kit
- Remote control using a Mac or PC with Neve Remote Control software
- XLR Mic input can be switched between Mic and electronically balanced Line
- Switchable 48V Phantom power supply
- Digital I/O Option: Firewire/AES interface with four channels of A/D conversion to either AES or FireWire and 4 channels of D/A conversion. Analogue Insert (pre A/D converter) per channel.
Performance (per channel):
- Input impedance: 1.2kOhm @ 1kHz
- Gain: +20dB to +70dB in 5dB steps
- Distortion: not more than 0.07% for 20dBm output from 50Hz to 10kHz @ 60dB gain
- Noise: (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth) EIN better than -122dB @60dB gain
- Microphone Maximum Input Level with 'Pad' IN: +24dB
- Max Output: +26dBu into 600 Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms +/- 5% @ 1kHz balanced
- Audio Interface: 1x XLR Mic/Line input & 1x XLR Line output per channel1x 25-way D-type socket for INSert Inputs and Line Outputs
- Control Interface: 1x USB data port, 1x RS485 in and 1x RS485 out (both RJ9 sockets) to allow control data
- Width: 218mm (8.5 inches)
- Height: 88mm (3 inches) (2U) - not including rubber feet on bottom of unit for use on flat surface/desktop, which are 6mm deep.
- Depth: 270mm (10.75 inches) excluding front panel controls, front panel 'grab bars' and rear connectors
- Weight: 5.5kg (12 lbs)
- Digital option: Analogue to Digital & Digital to Analogue converter card, capable of sample rates up to 384kHz can be fitted into the 4081 internally.Comes with AES and FireWire digital interfaces.+26dBu Headroom, Distortion better than 0.005% (at 48kHz) and 0.007% (at 96kHz), Noise <-110dB fs (48kHz)
- Rack-mount kit: Mounts 1 or 2 4081 units into a 19" rack.