SPL Creon Audio Interface + Monitor Controller Available In Stores
The newest member in the SPL audio interface/monitor controller family is now available in stores.
The SPL Creon combines a high-performance USB Interface and analog in one single unit. It features the same premium converters and characteristics as the bigger SPL Crimson. However, it has been optimized to accommodate for the needs of small home and project studios. Thus, the Creon was basically conceived as a two-channel AD/DA interface. The built-in instrument preamp and two microphone preamps, together with the line inputs, allow the user to amplify, monitor and convert all sorts of signals and record them with a DAW. Further, the comprehensive analog monitor controller features enable the recorded signal to be monitored without any latency, while at the same time compare it with other analog sources, thanks to the second source input. Apart from the AD/DA converters and USB port, all other functions can be used in standalone mode. The Monitor-Mix knob makes it possible to intuitively mix the corresponding signals and listen to them through headphones or speakers. To top it off, the thrifty price makes it now possible for desktop studios to enjoy the well-known SPL quality without breaking the bank.
Creon is available in black (Model 1410) and white (Model 1412).
Both models share the exact same technical specs:
- 2 original SPL discrete mic preamplifiers
- Instrument preamplifier with +22 dBu of headroom
- 2 balanced line inputs
- 2-channel USB Interface with 24Bit/192kHz converter
- Class-2 compliant driver for iPad recording/monitoring (hot-plugging without the need to restart)
- Separate headphone amplifier
- Stereo speaker output
- Apt for play-along and monitoring without a DAW
- Latency-free, high-quality analog monitoring
- 34V operating voltage for professional levels up to +22 dBu
- Pro-level boost for consumer electronics
- Very low jitter due to FMCTM (Fixed-Master-Clock)
- No sample rate conversion or clock recovery for true 1:1 audio
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (480MBit/s)
- Windows XP/7/8/10 (32 & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, iOS 6 or higher
- No SPL drivers for MAC OSX required
- Made in Germany
- HxWxD: 2.64 x 13 x 8.34 inches (67 x 330 x 212 mm)
- Weight: 5.95lbs (2.7kg), without external PSU
MSRP (including 19% German VAT): 479 euros
For more information about the SPL Creon visit http://creon.spl.info.
Black (Model 1410)
White (Model 1412)