1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

12 Gauge Microphones

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by bradley802, Jul 2, 2012.

1. bradley802

bradley802 Active Member

If you're looking for a SDC pair for less than $100, do a google search for 12 Gauge Microphones.

They're built into real spent shotgun shells!

Theres a dot com & a Facebook page!

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I love that concept. It's the true sense in saving the ecology by recycling. Nice little plastic shells with a nice brass lower collar in which to mount a XLR connector. Sounds like they would be a blast to make and to use. And then you could also attach a silencer to it to create a real shotgun microphone. And all it needs is a $.98 Chinese condenser element which Radio Shaft has plenty of and the same ones you'll find in much more expensive Crown condenser microphones. So it's worth a shot. LOL my mouth and my humor is more like a Gatling gun. It never stops until I run out of BSs.

Why does Ammo sounds so similar to Amore'? Maybe because it's related to a shot in the dark?
    Mx. Remy Ann David

3. bradley802

bradley802 Active Member

Well said!

4. pan60

pan60 Active Member

Seems like a cool idea.

5. leona.mccauley

leona.mccauley Active Member

Wow it looks pretty good for those who don’t want to invest much in the beginning.