1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

2 ghz intel core duo vs 3 ghz pentium 4 ht

Discussion in 'Recording' started by highonthesound, Mar 2, 2006.

1. i'm about to purchase a laptop for running audition 2.0 with a presonus firepod, and have these processor options (1 gb memory, 80 gb hard drive)...

intel core duo 2 ghz

or

intel pentium 4 w/ht 3 ghz

i've heard good reviews of the dual core processors in the home pc setting (looking at pictures and listening to music at the same time, etc) but nothing about their performance running one piece of demanding software (like audio production software). in my mind, a faster single core processor seems to make more sense for running one intensive program, unless i'm missing something here (can audition split the processing tasks into two cores? isn't that hyper-threading?)

thank you knowledgable ones...

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Its Windows and Intel, what does that tell you?? It's all fallible. But it can't be good. But it can be bad. I love all this stuff! It's totally random! I like random, don't you??

Random love
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. anonymous

anonymous Guests

HI,
    a core duo 2.0 will kill anything else intel has including its own 800 or 900 series.

i would put it on par with AMD X2 4400.
    very impressive for a laptop.

of course not all laptops are created equal.
    many will not work good for audio

Scott
    ADK