1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

2 guitars, 1 amp

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by FE, Apr 3, 2005.

1. FE

FE Guest

Can you plug 2 guitars into 1 amp? I'm a newbe.

2. Groff

Groff Active Member

Well.....yes, but why? :roll: Don't tell me you have 4 arms! :?

3. FE

FE Guest

No, only 2 arms, but my daughter and a instructor need a amp to practice in our basement for a upcomming show. (8th grade school)

4. FE

FE Guest

No, but my 8th grade daughter needs a amp for her and her instructor to practice in our basement for a upcomming contest.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Some amps have 2 inputs. When I first started playing (I play bass) I didn't own an amp, I would just show up to practice and plug in the guitarist amp on the 2nd input. It worked fine.
    Just keep in mind that if one guitars pickups are hotter than the other guitars. You will have to adjust the volume knob on the guitars to level out the signal. That way one guitar will not drown out (be louder than) the other.
    Good luck!

6. Groff

Groff Active Member

Sorry, :oops: no hard feelings :oops: . If only one input on amp cheapest solution is to make Y cable from 2 regular cables with soldering iron. :cool:

keep on rockin' :wink:

7. FE

FE Guest

Thank you both. I got concerned when a salesperson at a local guitar store said I couldn't unless it had 2 independent channels.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Salesmen vs Recording.org?
    No contest!
    No BS!
    :wink:

9. Vince Jaeger

Vince Jaeger Guest

You can use a Y cable or buy an A/B/Y pedal...

http://www.morleypedals.com/daby.html
    http://www.startouchpedals.com/product.html

10. FE

FE Guest

Salesmen vs Recording.org, yah, Recording.org has more credability without the motivation to make a sale. It's nice to ask a question and get response fro unrelated sources to compare.

11. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

i connect two guitars to my amp!
    it's a fender hot rod deluxe!
    it has two inputs!