1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

808 Sound with Deep Bass Lines?

Discussion in 'Bass' started by layitdown, Jun 17, 2004.

1. layitdown

layitdown Guest

I am looking for something that can give me that 808 sound with heavy bass lines, any suggestions?

2. anodized

anodized Guest

Moog Minimoog.

3. daniel_c

daniel_c Guest

Er... do you mean 303? The Roland TR-808 is a dum machine. Novation Bass Staion and A Station are pretty cool.

4. no he means 808. and 808 kick, ala lil john, 3 6 mafia, south music!!!
    i design most of my 808's with mpc2000xl's or roland mv8000's.. sometimes my triton.

the 808 is a well know kick over hiphop and r&b music. the original sounds yes came from the roland tr-808 drum machine

5. boheme6

boheme6 Guest

believe it or not - I nailed an 808 kick with a K2000... used to use it on all kinds of hip-hop guys who I recorded.. they loved it.
    "-)

6. anodized

anodized Guest

808 sound?

Well, 808 samples. No brainer.

7. layitdown

layitdown Guest

to c9productions

how do you go abt using the triton., i have the studio workstation but i cant get that get low bass track. please describe to me your steps.
    thanks

8. anodized

anodized Guest

http://www.korg.com

9. i also have a triton studi. design your own dums kits, simple as that. go through and edit the decay, tuning etc.. its not hard to do.. just open up the manual. right now i have my partners motif es over here.. once we trade back later this week if you haven't built a kit i'll walk you through it but its real simple. the really easy way is to load up some akai mpc samples and edit them.
    i'm about to add a fantom-X(Fu*kin awesome board) and a a roland mv-8000 to my production rig

10. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

I've used a Roland R-8 w/ the "Dance" rom-card or the MPC4000 which has a awesome internal sound library already loaded and ready to go.

11. jst0rm0110

jst0rm0110 Guest

no mention of a jomox xbase09? The kick is all analog and can get really soft like a 808 kick but also harder like a 909. Very thick sound with a release like 2 seconds or more in length at max. 2 lfos to add more subtle shaping to the kick help and the sequencer rocks. Compared to some of this other gear its a afterthought at around $500 used.