1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

a good laptop system for recording 8 simultaneous tracks

Discussion in 'DAW's, Computers & Software' started by ferchis, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ferchis

ferchis Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Home Page:
    what would be in your opinion the minimum (and also recommended) system requirements for recording 8 tracks at a time in, for example, sonar 8?

I'm talking about mobo, ram, hd, processor, etc

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff Resource Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Prince George, BC
    Home Page:
    Just bought an i5 from PCAudioLabs with Win7 64bit pro , 8 gig ram. This config is a must for the future and Sonar IMO. Go for an i7 if you can afford it.
    I use 500 meg eSata externals and firewire for FF800 . It will record 8 tracks no problem and many more. Look at their laptops and go from there. These guys are pro's so I recommend seeing what they are using or just avoid all the trouble and buy one from them. Their service long after your deal is made is exceptional.
  3. Ripeart

Ripeart Active Member

May 13, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Home Page:
    I don't intend to sound like a fanboy but any 2010 MacBook Pro will work great for you. You might even be able to get away with recording to the internal drive, though I would get an ext FireWire ASAP. Keep in mind Thunderbolt is arriving on the scene.