1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

A great used $300-$400 synth

Discussion in 'Recording' started by MELTHEDOG13, Nov 8, 2004.

1. MELTHEDOG13

MELTHEDOG13 Guest

Hello All-

I'm looking to pick up a good used synth around $300. Im looking for something with good sounding analog synth lead patches as well as decent string pads and brass. I don't need anything crazy realistic as far as piano or bass sounds go. This synth would mostly be used for a live 80's-90's cover band as well as in my home studio. What is important to me is being able to easily edit, save and recall patches as well as having a decent on board arpeggiator. The unit doesnt have to have sequencer or be very expandable.

Please let me know your opinions....Thanks !!

2. GrooveMonkee

GrooveMonkee Guest

MELTHEDOG,

Check eBay, etc. for a Roland XP-30...

3. MELTHEDOG13

MELTHEDOG13 Guest

Funny thing-- I was just at Guitar Center today and they had a used one. I played around with it for a wile and I was diggin what I heard. I'm also thinking about checking out a Roland RS5...Any opinions on that synth....? Any preferences between the XP-30 and RS5....? Any other suggestions or experiences with other synths that could be recommended...?