1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

A little help with my amateur recording please!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by jordan2410, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jordan2410

jordan2410 Member

hello everyone!i am new here,and kind of new in recordings.i have the minimum experience of half a year with DAWs and recording procedure,so i want your help for a demo-like song that me and my band tried to record.

Some things you should know:
    it's not an official release,so the recording is kind of sloppy,especially the piano and the drums.there are a few rythm mistakes,and that's because the keyboard was loaned to me and taken back before i could finish.also,i do not have monitors and bass(i played the bass with guitar and dropped the sound 12 semitones) and that's why i m asking for your help,until i get a pair of monitors.

Well the sound is kind of post-punk so i don't want the super clarity,but i want it to sound decent.In my speakers it sounds average,but i notice a difference between speakers,headphones etc.in headphones it's muddy,so if anyone has decent speakers and time,please listen and make your comments.I don't know if it's an EQ problem or recording problem,and i don't know if a proper mastering is what 's missing(It's been mastered briefly with some default settings).I m recording guitar with LINEOUT from my amp,directly to my maudio c400.Whatever sounds wrong to you,feel free to share your thoughts!thanks in advance!