1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

A specific ? about my interface(pv10USB) and newly aquired mic(samsonC03)

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Unregistered, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I just picked up my samsonC03 today. I havent gotten to play with it yet because I've been pretty busy. However, I was over at my buddies house and we tried to set it up real quick to try it out. Well we plugged it into my interface via XLR and I hit the power on switch for my +48V Phantom power on my interface. and the little blue "power light" (for lack of an intelligent word) never powered on. Now before any suggestions I would like to state the the "integrity" of my buddies XLR cable is shoddy at best. I'm just hopin I can get pointed in the right direction if at all possible. Mostly cause I wanna play with my new toy! ha. Thanks in advance.

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Does the phantom power LED come on without any mic cable plugged in?

3. Big K

Big K Well-Known Member

Well, I am being naughty... ;-)
    if you can fit a hose to the xlr end you can get a wonderful shower experience through the mic grid.

If the cable is not self-soldered and working, what else can there be: Mic defect or interface defect ( what interface??)
    Test: try another mic on the same/other cable and/or meassure the output voltage of the phantom power at the interface.
    Good Luck...
    :)