1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

Discussion in 'Computing' started by Opus2000, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Opus's Anus is infected! :(

I just ordered a P4 3.06Ghz CPU and a stick of 512PC2700 memory and hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday. Ordered it from Googlegear and set it to UPS next Day...total price was $609.00.

Not too bad but god damn! Why now! I'm in the middle of a paying mixing/mastering gig! Well, just finished one song(thankfully!) and it rocked to say the least! I want my Anus working again!

Waaah Waaah

Opus, aka one bumming ANUS!

2. Jetty

Jetty Guest

Opus my friend,

check your PM's and let me know if my solution works.

Talk to you soon!

JT

3. You did ghost it while it was working properly, didn't you?

4. Opus2000

Well, from what I've been hearing it's memory related! Sucks don't it!

Flat
    Sill boy! lol. Of course it was a good ghost! :p

I'll update you all by tomorrow hopefully!

Cheers
    Opus

5. angrynote

angrynote Guest

Hey Opus,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I am experiencing the same thing at the moment, since I bought a new Corsiar XMS3200 512mb of ram and a Zalman Quiet CPU fan/heatsink.

Using the p4pe beta bios, maybe that's it - keeps saying that the system hung on last boot because of improper CPU setting. IT'S SET TO 2533 which is to say I am not overclocking.

So frustrating!

I think that there may be a bug in the p4pe as many have experienced this "cold boot" issue before.

Cheers hope that's any help

6. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Active Member

Definately check your ram. I've had this prob before and different ram cured the problem up. :c:

7. Opus2000

Yup, it was the memory! Doh!
    Oh well, thank god memory is cheap!

Opus :D

8. Opus2000

I spoke to friggen soon! God friggen *&^*&^* (*&#$(*& #$)(*#$)*#$!!!!!

so, the only thing left to swap out is the CPU and the power supply......

If and only Googlegear(TERRIBLE SITE FOR BUYING THINGS BUY THE WAY!) would get my *&^#$* )(&#$)#$ order out!

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :roll:

9. Opus2000

Ok, so far so good with the new CPU! So it might be the P4 northwood BSOD issue!

Damn! Hate to waste a good CPU like that!

Oh well, it's going to be put into a new machine for the living room entertainment center, maybe it will behave for me there!

Will keep you posted!

Opus

10. daif

daif Guest

Opus2000 said >"So it might be the P4 northwood BSOD issue!"<

'Scuse my ignorance but what is the P4 Northwood BSOD issue ?
    Or put simply, what does BSOD mean?
    Reason I ask is I'm going to be buying a P4 Northwood down the line.
    Thanks...Tom

11. ellmorej

ellmorej Guest

acronym for BLUE SCEEN OF DEATH

12. ellmorej

ellmorej Guest

Please excuse the typo. Here is a interesting link regarding bsod.

http://toastytech.com/files/bsod.html

13. ellmorej

ellmorej Guest

14. daif

daif Guest

Thanks Strings...I just love finding out the obvious...helps my humility... :eek:
    But what is the BSOD issue as related to P4 Northwoods ?

Thanks...Tom

15. Opus2000

There's an issue with certain P4's when overclocked they suddenly go south and stay south!

They start to leak basically and they can't stay alive after a bit of warming up. Which in turn causes you to see the BSOD(Blue Screen of Death) and you may get No Paging File messages or IRQ Not Equal Or Less Than messages....or just plain restarts by itself!

So, if you're going to get a P4, Do not overclock it unless you know what to do!

I was messing around with it and pushed it too hard basically. I should have eased up and not tried to get the CPU speed up to high as well as messing around with the core voltage!

DOH!!

Opus :D

16. daif

daif Guest

Thankz for your reply Opus...sorry to see you had hassles...need to push things sometimes to find out what's on the other side hey... ;)
    Regards...Tom