1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Aardvark Direct Pro 2496 not working

Discussion in 'Recording' started by amadeustm, Jan 22, 2008.

1. amadeustm

amadeustm Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    curitiba pr brazil

My previous post was about which audio interface I should buy and how soundcards works.
    Luckly I could put my hands on an Aardvark Direct Pro 2496.
    Just to be sure that you, reading this post, get the exact card I am talking about here is its link:

So it has a PCI card, a 25pin cable, and the main module.

I have it installed (both phisically and logically -driver-) as instructed in the manual and I am pretty sure that I have done it right. The original cd supplied provides driver version 7.00 but in driverguide.com I have found the v7.13.

Using 7.00, Cubase 3SX was not able to initialize ASIO Driver for Aardvark Interface. Once I have installed the v7.13 it went all successfully dealing with ~13.047ms input and ~13.865ms output latencies.

The Aarkdvark Control Manager was running ok and I've figured that out with no further problems.
    The only thing I got stucked was with Patch Bay (routing configuration).

For some reason I couldn't hear my guitar (plugged into mic/line1) using phones monitor. Surely I had it configured to route to the phones monitor. Right after I tried to route this sound to Analog Output 1, but nothing happened.

1-Using the phones in the Monitor Phones Output I can hear some eletronic noise when I turn the computer on (sounds from hard drive working, cd rom drive spinning up, etc).
    2-Using the phones in the analog outputs I hear nothing.
    3-When I push the button Phantom Power I hear a peak noise, and Cubase detecs that noise too, same as Aardvark Control Manager's led indicators on the Main Level/Volume.
    4-When I plug my guitar in any Analog Input I am not able to hear any sound through Monitors Phone's Output or Analogs Output 1 thru 4 (since it is properly routed).

I am not sure if this device is working properly and I don't know what to do now. I am trying to use this device in order to not having to buy a new one and save for a little bit more.

I would like to thank you for reading and helping. I really appreciate that.

Gabriel Amadeus
    amadeuswm@hotmail.com (msn)