1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Aardvark Q10, Aark24 and XP "SP2"

Discussion in 'Recording' started by yodermr1, Aug 18, 2005.

1. yodermr1

yodermr1 Guest

I was looking for some user feedback on these pieces of equipment and SP2. Since Aarvark went under (no more driver updates) I felt it might be best to stick with the OS configuration I had. It was working fine, no need to subject myself to the unknown.

Times changing a bit, new nasty worms out their (yes I need to have this box connected to the net), I'm sure there is more to come, so I am pondering getting the OS updated. But first I was looking for some real life experiences on working with or moving to XP SP2 where the audio hardware is Aardvark Q10 and/or Aark24.

From what I understand, my firewall (zonealarm) will sufficiently protect my box even with SP1. I have redundant drives for ongoing backup and the drives have all been ghosted for an additional fall back.

Thanks much....

Mark

2. limule

limule Guest

I have the Aardvark 24/96 and I'm using xp sp2. I haven't run into any problems w/ it yet except for finding drivers. I have zonealarm and it seems to protect it just fine. If you need drivers I have a disk w/ the drivers for all the Aardvark products. Just pm me.

3. Tartan

Tartan Guest

I've not touched my Aark24 in a few years, and went to reinstall it, and realized I don't have an XP SP2 -compatible driver. You said you have a disk with the driver? May I please have a copy?

Specifically, I'm looking for their AWDM driver (v7 ?), as well as some Sonar-specific instructions I've seen people reference.

Thanks,
    Josh