1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

ABOUT YAMAHA 01V MIXER

Discussion in 'Recording' started by FMPROSOUND, Mar 13, 2006.

1. FMPROSOUND

FMPROSOUND Guest

HI!
    I am new to this forum. I just got a new Yamaha 01v Digital mixer that I am trying to hook up to my PC for a direct recording to my hard drive instead of going to an external ADAT recorder. My question is how do I get the PC and Mixer to talk to one another and what would be the ideal card that I'll be needing for the mixer and the PC?
    I am trying to use it with Nuendo 3
    Thanx for the help

2. cfaalm

cfaalm Active Member

Is it the 01v96 or the old 01v?

3. FMPROSOUND

FMPROSOUND Guest

It is the old yamaha 01v, not the 01V96

Thanx for the reply

4. cfaalm

cfaalm Active Member

Your 01v needs an MY8AT .
    You will then need a soundcard that has ADAT connectivity. Lots of choices there, especially if you only have one ADAT i/o. A nice card would be an RME-card like the DIGI96/8 PAD

This soundcard however is just a suggestion. Much depends on your additional/future needs.

5. FMPROSOUND

FMPROSOUND Guest

Thanx for the help

6. riffster

riffster Guest

With my 01V, I use the mentioned adat card in the mixer & the card in the pc is Frontier Designs Wavecenter. I am using Cubase SX3. I've been using this card for years & am suprised it is still on the market. This is all you'll need to record to your pc from the preamps & converters on the 01V. Now the trick is what do you do when you want to buy outboard preamps? Since you can't bypass the 01V preamps & there are no inserts you're kinda limited to either:

1) buy a nice preamp & nice converter
    2) buy a preamp with built in dig out
    3) buy a better preamp & output to your inputs on the 01v
    4) live with your 01V onboard preamps