1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by burnin12, Sep 1, 2009.

1. burnin12

burnin12 Guest

how could i make my acoustic guitar recording sound fuller. it sounds lifless and dull.

2. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Better instrument, better technique, better room, better mic placement, better EQ, better reverb, better musical piece, more practice, use fuller chords, better arrangements, should I go on?

I painted a picture but it is not a Van Gogh what should I do?

Seriously you need to clue someone in on what it is you are doing before anyone could really help. What type of music, guitar, mics, recording technique, etc, etc. Post a clip, there is just no way to answer so vaque a question.

3. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

burnin12:
    Maybe you could describe your setup a little....the way you've worded your question....how could anyone answer it and where would one start?
    Way too vague....
    How about a little more info?

4. sammyg

sammyg Active Member

Do a google search for "eq guides" or similar. These will give you a good starting point. Some will explain how boosting or cutting certain frequencies effect an instrument. As you start experimenting with these starting points you'll begin to learn how to add body, or any other characteristic to your guitar sound. For example, if im trying to remove that "cardboard box" sound from a snare or tom, i'll usualy start looking at around the 400hz region until I find the exact porblem point to cut. Once you learn these starting points it gets easier with practice and experience.

Hope this helps,

cheers,

Sammyg