1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

adapters for Manfrotto light stands?

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by GentleG, Apr 7, 2006.

1. GentleG

GentleG Guest

Hi all,

Last week I've been reading through all the posts in this forum (again)
    Loads of knowledge, great. And some practical tips too. It keeps amazing me.

I am especially surprised (this time) by the Manfrotto light stands, as they are both tall and extremely light.
    I am seriously considering buying some of these, especially the types: 004 and 051n (best value for my limited funds)

My question is how to secure a small boom/pole (< 1m / 3ft) to its end, or a T-piece for AB recording?

Cheers

2. Angus

Angus Active Member

Do you already have the boom? If not consider a Bogen triple-T bar. I often use one with Manfrotto stands (mostly 3364QLs). It's nicely adjustable and mounts directly onto the stand using its own securing bolt - no threading necessary - and has three mic mountable attachments with a total of 25.6 inch spread. I'm not familiar with what fittings the 004 or 051 have but give the Bogen bar a look. Probably about 50 bucks. Also Wes Dooley has every imaginable piece of mounting hardware you could need. For a price...

Angus

3. bap

bap Member

Micsupply dot com carries Manfrotto/Bogen gear as well. They cater a lot to the tapers folks.

4. GentleG

GentleG Guest

Thanks,

I guess I'm just surprised at the amount of different fittings they've come up with.
    Too bad it isn't just 3/8 and 5/8" threads

The foto-stands are actually quite affordable on ebay and such.
    I just try to get a few second hand, and see which adapters I need afterwards.

Cheers

5. recordista

recordista Active Member

Courtney Goodin (aka Goodsound) makes a black anodized aluminum adapter from 3/8" Whitworth male to 5/8" female spud. $14.95 retail, available from LSC and most of the other major filmsound retailers.

6. BigRay

BigRay Guest

2nd vote for http://www.micsupply.com

Very helpful.