1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

adapting m67 mixer with phantom power

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by jawharp, Apr 15, 2005.

1. jawharp

jawharp Guest

hello hello everybody. i am a student of the great and powerful chat gunter at nyu. learning the latest and greatest in production sound.

my question is this:

i recently obtained an old shure m67 mixer. being a film student and all, i cant exactly go out and buy a pd6 and an fp-33, so i was going to work on adapting the m67 with alot of the features i love about the fp-33.

ive modified many electronic components before so soldering dexterity isnt a problem. the problem i am having is with the phantom power circuit, or rather lack there of. i want to add a phantom power module in this mixer but i havent the slightest clue how to, nor do i know the specifics of the ammount of current and power regulation required (48V i know. that's kind of obvious).

any help would be most appreciated.

2. trid

trid Guest

can't help you with adding the circuit to your mixer but you could just get a battery operated inline phantom power supply.
  3. ghellquist

ghellquist Guest

There are a number of resources on the web. A google on "Phantom power circuit" gives among the to answers this.

Make google your friend.

4. jawharp

jawharp Guest

i did google it. the problem with the circuit you posted a link to is that it uses ac to generate the phantom power. the mixer really isnt portable anymore when it's plugged into a wall