1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bugsysiegals, Mar 2, 2006.

1. bugsysiegals

bugsysiegals Guest

Im running an E-MU 1820 that is connected to my computer through the sound card that came with it. It uses a wide cable that is similar in appearance to a LAN network cable. I can switch the settings through its DSP software to use either ADAT or S/PDIF. It still runs through the same cable even when I switch settings but I cant really tell any difference.

Im wondering if there is any advantages of using one over the other. I only record one track at a time with a single microphone (KSM27). What about the Khz should I stick with 44.1 or 96Khz? Im currently using 44.1Khz.
  2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Stick with 44.1kHz! If you are a good engineer, it will sound good. If you are a crappy engineer it will sound crappy.

I just took a number two
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  3. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    The "ADAT/SPDIF" toggle is likely to select if the unit's OPTICAL I/O is in a standard 2-channel SPDIF format, or the 8-Channel ADAT-Lightpipe format... If you are not using the Optical Toslink connection, this setting will not have any effect.

Rock On :cool: