1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Adobe Audition

Discussion in 'Recording' started by rockdrummer027, Apr 2, 2005.

1. I know adobe isnt exactly the first name that comes to mind when we think of digital audio. It carries a hefty price tag and im sure there are some cheaper programs that are better but say i could get it for $130. Are there any cheaper programs that are any better? I dont have ANYTHING yet and im recording with an sm57 with an xlr-trs cable and a trs to 1/8 phone adapter.
    thanks
    ~greg~

2. jbeutt

jbeutt Active Member

I think Audition is great. Especially for multipurpose. I do movies, music, theater sound design and i think audition is killer. Firstly, it's more intuative and tactile than protools. It also has a really good waveform editor (what cool edit was known for) along with the multitrack. 130 is a great deal. Get it.
    Also, you need a way better interface, not that i'm telling you anything you don't know.

3. zemlin

zemlin Well-Known Member

I like Audition. It's what I use for all my mixing.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm using Audition too, and I love it! I've used Acid, Cubase, and ProTools and I still prefer Audition (although the "Tab to Transient" function in PT is pretty cool).

5. lucidwaves

lucidwaves Guest

Audition is a heavyweight contender in the audio editor category even though its not as well known. It is VERY feature rich, allows for a ton of control and customization, has decent effects included with it and implements all of this in a very intuitive to learn and use interface.

6. jbeutt

jbeutt Active Member

The funny thing is, it's so hard to get people to believe you about audition. They just give you a look.