1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Advice on proper schooling

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by 45onelove45, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 45onelove45

45onelove45 Guest

First off I want to apoligize if this is the wrong forum to post this thread in, i looked and this was the best fit one.

I have been intrested in music ever since I was in 5th grade and from then when I started to play the drums my love for music has grown dramatically. I now Dj, and produce hip hop tracks sampling old soul and jazz records. Im about to be graduating high school in June and am thinking I would like to jump right into school for Audio engineering/producing. Im looking at 3 schools, 1 in Minneapolis MN (Institution of Production and Recording). 1 in Winter park FL (Full Sail) and Los Angless Recording School in California. I know all of these are wonderful schools but I would just like some feedback from people who are actually in the mix in the business or in school right now. And of any schools that are worth checking out. I dont want location or $ to be a factor of holding me back because im ready to take out loans to get where I need to be to further progress what I love doing, making music.

Thank you in advance for any help or feedback anyone can give me.
  2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    See this thread (Dead Link Removed)
  3. 45onelove45

45onelove45 Guest

thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i can see how this question can pop up alot and get annoying. Thanks again.