1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Akai eie pro

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bear7038, Feb 25, 2012.

1. bear7038

bear7038 Active Member

I just ordered the eie pro. It seems like a very good unit especially for the cost. Sadly I have to wait about 2 weeks to get it because it is back ordered. I am just curious if anyone else has played with one yet and what everyone's thoughts on it are.

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

looks like a nice compact box. Hard to believe they can make something like that for $200.00 . Please let us all know how you like it?

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Welcome Bear7038 -
    I haven't played with teh EIE Pro, but I have used Akai's recording stuff before (I had one of their high-end all-in-one mixer/preamp/recorder units for a while). While I had it and used it, I was always impressed at its stellar sound quality. In fact, I got rid of it because I felt I was "outgrowing" it, but in hind-sight, I could have happily lived with that recorder for a long-time to come. The conversion was great (not "okay" or even "good" but really, really good!). The preamps were okay (typical sound-card style), but the hardware was bullet proof. It never failed me in a few years of operation.

Unless they cut some serious corners to make it at that price point, I suspect you'll be rather pleased.

Keep us posted once you get ahold of it.

Cheers-
    J

4. bear7038

bear7038 Active Member

Yeah I have never used a product of theirs I didn't like so I am very anxious, unfortunately with the demand for them nobody can stock them. Even if it says they have them. So I just placed the order with Zzounds and am trying to wait as patiently as possible