1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

AKG C412

Discussion in 'Recording' started by RL Wall, Aug 8, 2002.

1. RL Wall

RL Wall Guest

Google has finally let me down....

There seems to be an information gap as regards the AKG C412 microphone.

I have a line on one in Texas, but the guy is selling gear for a friend's widow and doesn't know the mike any better than I do. Also, we both want the price to be fair, as the lady is in need.

I seem to remember reading that it is the immediate predecessor of the C414 EB, but I am either mistaken or that document has been taken down from the web.

Any information on the 412 would be appreciated as to Capsule/configuration or a guesstimate of value.

If it has a CK12 in it, I have both a THE TUBE and a 414EB which would both be happy to give up their teflon capsules to make room for it...

Help?

2. Bear's Gone Fission

Bear's Gone Fission Active Member

All I know is that historically it falls between the C12A (and it's sibling the C12B) and the 414. I believe it is a FET mic, and I'd feel fairly safe that the original capsule was the real CK12. The Fort Apache guys (Slade and Kolderie?) refered to it in their Tape Op interview. I have never seen one, nor a picture of one, nor one listed for sale ever. I imagine there aren't too many of them on this earth, but they don't seem to have collector's catchet.

Bear

3. RL Wall

RL Wall Guest

Thanx, Bear.

Seems like the only ones out their are in mic cabs and rental houses.....

Hey !!! There's an idea !!! Maybe I should just rent one and take it apart !!!

Of course, that won't tell me what it's worth....

( Or was, before I took it apart.... )

:cool: RW :cool:

4. RL Wall

RL Wall Guest

Hooray ! Found it. Or at least the schematic for it and it does come with a CK12 capsule if it hasn't been monkeyed with.

Now to cobble up a price....

5. I have a PDF doc. that outlines the history of AKG. It briefly mentions the C412. I forgot where I down loaded it, but I'd be happy to mail it to you.