1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Akg ck4 capsules

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by hugues10, Jun 8, 2006.

1. hugues10

hugues10 Guest

Hello to everyone!! A friend of mine just gave me two ck4 capsules and i wanna know what bodies do i need to make them works!!??

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I had a couple of C451's (sadly stolen :( ) and the cardioid capsules they used were the CK-1. I think that the CK-4 MIGHT have been a variation on that, maybe a hyper-cardioid version (?). A quick check on the AKG home website doesn't list that model in the "discontinued" or "current" sections. In any case, the current C451 is not a modular mic, no screw-in capsules. That means that you are at the mercy of vintage used audio dealers...this could be a very expensive proposition if you decide to get these bodies (C451/452EB) for the capsules..

3. hugues10

hugues10 Guest

The patern is a figure 8,so i gonna keep searching for the missing part.Hope to try it soon :D

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you! there are a couple of variations...the C452 has a built-in low cut filter (3-position) switch, and a "B" at the end of the model# means that it is black, instead of silver. Get the cardioid-capsule equipped kit and you'll be able to get a great stereo rig going!