1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

AKG414 B/ULS

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Big_D, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

I have only had experience with the 414 B/ULS and was wondering how some of you would compare it to the other 414 models. What models do you prefer? To my ears the ULS is warm. Are the other models brighter? I prefer warmth over brightness although some air is nice.

I'm having a hard time finding many places that carry it, has the ULS been discontinued? If it is I'm gonna get one while the gettings good.

This mic will get used on just about everything including vocals. The only other LD's I have is an NT-1 and a 4033 so this will get alot of work.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Kurt, Gaff I'd like to hear your opinions also.

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I like both versions of the older 414's ... AKG has come out with an updated version ... I wonder what those sound like ?

3. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

Kurt, thanks for your reply. The one I used was an older model so I was wondering what the newer model sounded like also. I guess I'll have to go listen to it and some other 414 models as well.