1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Alesis mixer console advice

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Wizbang, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Wizbang

Wizbang Guest

I'm a newbie trying to get together a home studio, record 3-4 tracks at a time just for fun...demo quality at best- been reading and lurking for about a month....

I am going DAW route, have following:
    RME multiface w/PCI card
    presonus firestation
    NS 10 monitors
    Yamaha S 80 keyboard (pro keyboard)-I'll use it for drums/bass probably
    Shure 58
    Shure 57
    Nady cheapo
    Cubase SX2

I would like a hands on mixer for mix and mastering, not just a software mixer...

Question..saw an Alesis mixer on ebay, I think it might provide me the 'hands on' I desire AND get me some additional mic inputs....I know they are "cheap pre's" but again, I'm just getting started and I would like some advice on this idea as well as Alesis mixers in general.....

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

There were a lot of quality issues with the Alesis mixer ... they had a high failure rate in the field ...

The quality is no better that that of other small mixers at this price point, so if I were you I would be looking at somthing that is a little more durable ... like a Mackie 1604 ... say what you want about them no will argue they are built like a tank ..

3. Wizbang

Wizbang Guest

Thanks, Curt...
    Has anyone owned or currently own an alesis mixer?