1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Alesis SR-16 Help needed!

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Mailweaver, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Mailweaver

Mailweaver Guest

I am new to this forum i wonder if anyone has the video cd that there is a tutorial for this drum machine. Please email me! Also has any of you the Yamaha MT120 4 track recorder? I've been having problems when track suddenly dissapear without a reason (all buttons are in correct position).

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

I bought an SR 16 some years back when they first appeared. At the time all I got was the manual with it. I can imagine that they would have a " Video CD", as I sure don't remember one? If anything, perhaps a DVD, but not 10 years ago I bought mine?

The unit is still available, I believe? I would contact the factory. Because it has 4 outputs, instead of just a stereo output, I had it adjusted for bass drum out of one channel, snare drum out of another channel with toms and cymbals in a left right stereo spread out of the other two. Not hard to do but without the unit in front of me, for the life of me, I can't remember how to tell you but it is in the manual. I had also tried to sync lock to the multitrack, so that I could isolate all of the instruments to separate tracks. I was never really successful with that endeavor. Still a great sounding drum machine and four tracks worked for me.

3. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

Alesis still has most of their manual online. Its not difficult. If you have basic reading skills a quick read will have you going in no time. I use mine in a very similar to that REMY described.

4. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

What questions do you have re: the SR16?

They're one of the standards in the industry so any questions you might have would/could be quickly answered here.

J. :cool: