alternative to waveburner?

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by iznogood, May 31, 2004.

1. iznogood

iznogood Guest

i really need an alternative to waveburner!!!!

anything out there that can take sd2 split files and put id's isrc and dither on them?????

oh and btw... run on osx!!!

i heard that emagic will include it in the next version of logic....

but... i'd rather die than use logic

any help????

(under 1000$)

2. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

depending on who you talk to, waveburner pro is developing a OSX version. At least that's what they told me in an email. Spark dropped there support for OSX. so that leaves JAM and a company called DSP Quatro which looks like spark. that's it and it sucks.

3. They've been telling me they will release Waveburner for OSX "the next week" since the beginning of this year!

Indeed it sucks.

Is DSP Quattro usable? Better than Toast with Jam?

4. Michael Fossenkemper

If you like spark, then you'll like quattro. I personally don't like it. Now if they can marry waveburner with spark, that would be cool.

5. G

G Guest

Does a burning program actually affect the resulting master? I thought everything depended on your burner vs. media...

-G

6. Michael Fossenkemper

All 3 determine the outcome. Depending on the quality of the DAE engine in the program, it can affect the audio if ANY processing is done at all.