1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Amateur recording and MIDI sampling

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fwiermann, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Fwiermann

Fwiermann Guest

Hi everyone! I'm an amateur brazilian musician, who enjoys prog/rock/metal/instrumental style. I am a REAL beginner and I own a X V-amp, which I plug directly into the line-in of my PC Sound board (which is a lame one, BTW). I use GuitarPro 4 to make drum tracks, because everyone of the drum-composing programs that I tried sucked really hard to me. Oh, and I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0 to put it all together.
    1 - With the given situation above, how can I enhance the MIDI tracks that I use for my recorded songs? Anyway of sampling them with real sounds?
    2 - I have a low budget here. Can't afford anything more sophisticated. Do you guys think that working REALLY HARD within my limited resources, I can come up with something that would REMIND a professional recording?
    3 - What am I doin' wrong? :D
    If you have the patience to help me with my problems: THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!! :)))
  2. Viper

Viper Guest

Hey mate, what's up? :D

About your questions, I'm not really sure about any of them, but as for number 1, it should be possible with a program like Reason, but it's costy :(

Good luck :)