1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Amek 9098 pre + eq rack?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mats.olsson@rockfile.se, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Any users that would like to make a comment or two on the Amek 9098 pre + eq rack, perhaps?

I will try one for the next couple of days but would really very much hear from folks that has used this unit for some time.
    What sources/microphones have you used it for? any weak/strong points? value/money ratio? any other observations?

All thoughts are very welcome!

/Mats

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

I am a fan of the 9098 pre amp, I always wanted one of those with the added EQ. What sort of stuff will you be recording?
    I heard Jam & Lewis used them as their primary vocal channells...So worth it just on the off chance Janet pops round!
    :)

Korve mouse, tack!

3. danchilde

danchilde Guest

I've been using them for quite a while and like them _very_ much. So silky smoooooth. Ymmm.

Ciao,

Dano

4. gie

gie Guest

Also do a search on the AMEK 9098 cause there's already alot of info and opinions being said here...

5. fourk

fourk Guest

I've had one of these since they first appeared - I love it. i've used it with lots of different mics - Neumann, B & K, Coles, Beyer, Shure, and it always demonstrates the difference between each variety. The EQ is also frighteningly powerful and simultaneously sweet and musical.

6. Thanks y'all for replying.

I tried the 9098 RN pre/eq this weekend. What a luvely box, it will not be sent back!

I'll also have to keep that gorgeous Coles they also sent me :)

Anybody wants to buy some "old" gear?

/Mats

7. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Congrats to Mats!
    :w: