1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Amek 9098 pre + eq rack?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by mats.olsson@rockfile.se, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Any users that would like to make a comment or two on the Amek 9098 pre + eq rack, perhaps?

I will try one for the next couple of days but would really very much hear from folks that has used this unit for some time.
    What sources/microphones have you used it for? any weak/strong points? value/money ratio? any other observations?

All thoughts are very welcome!

2. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    I am a fan of the 9098 pre amp, I always wanted one of those with the added EQ. What sort of stuff will you be recording?
    I heard Jam & Lewis used them as their primary vocal channells...So worth it just on the off chance Janet pops round!

Korve mouse, tack!
  3. danchilde

danchilde Guest

I've been using them for quite a while and like them _very_ much. So silky smoooooth. Ymmm.

4. gie

gie Guest

Also do a search on the AMEK 9098 cause there's already alot of info and opinions being said here...
  5. fourk

fourk Guest

I've had one of these since they first appeared - I love it. i've used it with lots of different mics - Neumann, B & K, Coles, Beyer, Shure, and it always demonstrates the difference between each variety. The EQ is also frighteningly powerful and simultaneously sweet and musical.
  6. Thanks y'all for replying.

I tried the 9098 RN pre/eq this weekend. What a luvely box, it will not be sent back!

I'll also have to keep that gorgeous Coles they also sent me :)

Anybody wants to buy some "old" gear?

7. RandomGuest

RandomGuest Guest

Feb 10, 2001
    Congrats to Mats!