1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

amek galileo insert points

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by trixie, Mar 28, 2006.

1. trixie

trixie Guest

hello!!

i've just started working on the "in-line" amek galileo and i'm having some trouble with the insert points.....

there's quite obviously insert in buttons for both the monitor and channel paths. i've pushed them. :)

basically, the signal's cutting out, possibly around the insert return. i can see meters on the compressor! i've tried both the monitor and channel inserts and get the same thing.

uhhhh........ hummmmmmm.

seems like a totally obvious thing, but.....?

thanks for any help!!

2. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Well, I guess this is a dumb question, but, did you try reversing the cables? I used to work in a studio with an Angela. Everytime I went to wire something up at the bay, it was bass-ackwards from every other make! You "see" the meters on the box? Which mode are they set (Input?GR?)...Clue us in, Trix!

3. trixie

trixie Guest

yes, i actually did reverse the insert send and return points. and i have changed my leads too. believe it or not, the ins and outs for the racks on the silly patchbay the galileo has ARE backwards. humph. :) but the signal meters on GR, and i can clearly see changes in metering when i twist the ol' dials. but as soon as i patch into the insert return, the signal goes away. a bit concerning when i have to record tomorrow.......

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Well, you have ME stumped, although I STILL think that there is a problem with the mating of the connector at the return point....Are you sure that the plugs' polarity is right with the female jack? Have you tried
    plugging in the male "halfway"?