1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fer, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Fer

Fer Guest

I´ve just aquired a soundcard for home recording, but I plugged a synth to its input ports and the signal is somehow weak. I talked to the support people where I bought it and they say it´s an amplifying issue, that I should get, as a good solution, a mixer, at least with a few channels.

is this a good way to go?
    are they expensive?
    I´ve always wanted to get one anyway... I hope this is allright

2. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

Hvae you tried the soound cards control application to adjust the input gain?

What sound card are we talking about?
  3. Fer

Fer Guest

this is a JULI@ soundcard (1 in, 1 out), it has a novel type of design in which you can either use RCA connections (unbalanced) or TRS (balanced). I originally wanted to use the TRS, and I did. could there be a problem with that? I mean, the balanced inputs...

4. hugues10

hugues10 Guest

hi there , if you want some more juice you can use a preamp in between your instrument and your soundcard .I use balance jack input with a line 6(my preamp, not the best in the word but...) for my guitar and my sound card is a mia midi and i have no problem. Sorry if this is to simple but this is what i do and it work fine
  5. cruisemates

cruisemates Active Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Home Page:
    In addition to the soundcard, there may some WINDOWS settings you need to adjust. Go to control panel > sounds & audio devices > audio > sound recording > volume and adjust line & mic settings, etc. There may be some "advanced" tabs as well. Under options select properties to make sure you are seeing all the controls.