1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Amps for Keyboards

Discussion in 'Keyboards' started by pianoman86, Nov 16, 2004.

1. pianoman86

pianoman86 Guest

I have a Yamaha Motif 8 keyboard and I need an amp for it. Does anyone know of any good Amps for it that are not too expensive ($150 or less)?

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

A great keyboard like the Motif and your only willing to spend $150? Ok, but that axe sure deserves something better and at least twice as much. I guess you go Behringer shopping...

3. pianoman86

pianoman86 Guest

this is only for my room, so I don't need it to produce that much volume. I just want something that has some good sound and isn't too expensive, since I can use other speakers for performances.

4. How about an old Pioneer och Technics HiFi? Should be able to find those in any decent red cross/charity/second hand-store. Personally I have never felt the need for a separate keyboard amp [at home], my Creek stereo works wonders!

5. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Stay tuned a few more weeks. Alesis is about to start shipping a few products, one of which is at least one keyboard combo amp likely to be more in your price range.