1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

An example of a sh*tty RED studio

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ProSound101, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ProSound101

ProSound101 Guest

If you are looking to record a commercial quality album, then SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM is the place for you. Many advantages, no disadvantages.

Check the website (which is under construction) for more information, or email us if you cannot find it on the site.
    An example of a sh*tty RED studio

2. McCheese

McCheese Well-Known Member

The fact that you can't follow directions is a disadvantage.

3. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

Mc Cheese ......

I'm starting to like you..lol 8)

4. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

ouch
    :wink:

5. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Tell it like it is, brother!

6. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

maybe this is the last we'll see of prosound101- pretty tacky-

7. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

yeah..you really should have to have a license or a hit or something to be called "pro" these days. :)

8. maintiger

maintiger Well-Known Member

hummm.. hey rm, maybe we can sell RO "pro" diplomas, make Chris some money-

9. mixing_nic

mixing_nic Guest

Oh My God! Look out! he's got an MBox and a licence to use it!
    He must be protecting all those cracked plug in's!

10. McCheese

I went to his equipment page...lots of misspelled brand names. How pro.

And for the record, it's not an mBox, in the pictures you can plainly see it's an OO2r. (The mbox is cool for what it is. I like mine. Notice I also don't have either a website or the word "pro" in my name.)

I love the links to Taxi, MySpace and American Musical Supply. This reeks of pro.

Go to the "rates" section and CHECK OUT THE PRICE SLASHING!!!! OMGDEALZ!!!!!!111111eleventy.

Who dug this up anyways?

11. mixing_nic

mixing_nic Guest

Well i suppose aslong as the studio live room has a neatly 'no more nails' glued acoustic panels it's allllll good :)

12. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

I would normally bin something like this as SPAM ... but really, the link is so bad ... (what a sh*tty studio) that I will just leave it up as an example of what NOT to do when building or shopping your facility.

But they do have Pro Tools and a pool table. They probably get a lot of business. :roll:

13. McCheese

A pool table!
    SCORE!!!!!!!

*books multiple sessions*

14. Rider

Rider Guest

and no offense, but that site SUCKS.

no, wait, i did mean offense.

#1 in any online business, get a real web designer to make your site. that one looks like a typical frontpage site made by someone who thinks they know web design. that might have gone over in the 90s when HTML was pretty limited and nobody knew design.

seriously, i know where you can get a NICE looking site for 500-1000$, or with dynamic content probably no more than 2000$.

okay yeah, im a web design major, i cant stand a poor do-it-yourself site.

15. Kev

Kev Well-Known Member

I DIY
    therefore I am

the trouble many of you pros have is that you expect everyone to have light speed so your sites are bloated

yes that may be a crap site
    in the past too many of the pros have sucked too much money out of web site design and now many people will just not pay

funny
    that sounds like studio owners of the 70's and 80's

16. freelight

freelight Guest

i don't mean to be a 'party pooper'...but who cares whether or not this guy has a lame website or calling himself a "pro"...

at least he's taking himself seriously and trying to promote himself...

i think too many of you guys sitting in your parent's basement with your eBay purshased home studios and pirated software think you're 'audio engineers' or something...

give 'em a break

:cool:

17. Reggie

Reggie Well-Known Member

That guy went WAY over the top with the foam. That is hilarious. Although he did miss a spot or two.

But to be fair, the website design is just a little better than the HTML stuff I did back in school 12 years ago or so. However, if a website doesn't grab my attention by keeping me in anticipation with the LOADING % bar, then I'm gone.

This pro guy is gonna wish he never came here. :lol:

[edit: I guess I shouldn't talk about websites.... :? But I didn't do the ones in my sig anyway.]

18. Rider

Rider Guest

maybe the idiots from art institute (which is a very flashy crap type of school).

real designers will tell you speed is #1. one of the major web design gurus doesnt have ANY images on his site, it doesnt look flashy but it still looks good. you can make some amazing looking websites with CSS that load in no time on 56k. flashiness does not = good design. look at google, very very effective site, but very straight up.

like music, its just knowing what works together, thats why pros charge money, they know what colors fit with what colors, what way to set up the page.

as people say, you should go to an audio engineer, not do it yourself, same reason for web design.

and not expensive, 500$ for a static page isnt terrible, especially considering thats cheaper than one piece of equitment, but a webpage brings in far more people than one piece of equipment.

19. Rider

Rider Guest

for some reason theres no edit button for my post..

yeah i might not have a 'pro' studio, then again i work with what i have and i learn all i can about everything i have. ill mess with every single knob and switch and learn everything i possibly can about it. you all know its not the equipment as much as knowing how to use it, and yes i learn about what i have instead of buying every overhyped piece of gear that hits the market.

i dont go around claiming in an audio engineer, i just use what i have to edit music. honestly, even with ebayd home studio, you can make some good stuff. my friend uses final cut pro and a crappy DV cam, and he has made some pretty impressive stuff, and he was MAD good at editing. now hes actually in school for it and i cant wait to see his work up there.

20. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

I haven't been in a good internet forum argument in long time and I really want to jump on one of these bandwagons.

But I wont.