1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Annie Lennox

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Markd102, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Folks
    I'm trying to find out Annie Lennox's most common studio signal chain. ie. mic - preamp etc... Has anyone read this anywhere?

The vocalist in my band has modelled herself on Annie so I'm thinking that similar gear will suit her.

Thanks
    Mark

2. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

The liner notes on most commercial recordings include the studio used.A quick search of their website(most have one) will reveal the gear in place and a contact number...also the producer and recordist/mixer are generally credited....These may also have a website or perhaps a web presence on one of these boards.Check the sites for info and a query through the net may bring you enlightenment.....For my ears, it sounds like the usual suspects on her voice...Tele 251/Neumann 47/Brauner VM1/etcetc...through a highend pre...possibly API thinking about the edgyness I hear in her recordings.Shes got a HUGE voice so theres gotta be some compression...I'm thinking that unlike a bunch of yer girly diva voices, they threat hers much like a powerful guys voice in the processing.

3. Markd102

Markd102 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have left messages on both Annie's site and Dave Stewart's. As yet no response, but that was only a couple of days ago so I certainly haven't lost hope there.