1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

another fun producer story

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by PaulStory, Jun 19, 2001.

1. PaulStory

PaulStory Guest

Hey,

Here's another $*^t session story that just happened a few days ago. I'm doing a session with Mr. X, a fairly well known musician. He's doing some demo stuff
    for a label who is interested in a new album. Well, the producer starts calling the studio (waaay buzzed) and telling me (engineer) how he wants the guy to do his
    thing...phrasing this....intonation that.... and I tell him "look, I'm just the *knob monkey* here, if you want to produce this guy...c'mon out and do it, or pay me extra
    and I'll do it for you. He gets super pissed off and I get the "do you know who I am" crap that I just ^#$%ing hate...and booya, that was it. Everybody is talking on
    the phone and I'm Mr. Dick (it's nice to be Mr. Dick sometimes)....remember it's "Mr."... I figured that I'd never hear from them again. The talent showed up to pick
    up the mixes and the "producer" likes them...group hug....naaahhhh...^#$% 'em... I try to keep the amount of time running a studio takes off my life to a year every
    five. BTW, Fletcher, I yanked off the panels on the ceiling and it sounds ssssssoooooooo much better, thanks. I still didn't get the Royer demo, after I do I'll be in
    touch.