1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Antares Tube??

Discussion in 'Recording' started by casper, Feb 13, 2003.

1. casper

casper Guest

Haven't been getting to many reponses from the COMPUTING catagory so I thought I would post this here.
    I am interested in using this plugin to mainly warm up vocal tracks. Has anyone used this plugin in that capacity? Is there any other plugins that can be used to achieve the same result? Any input would be helpful

2. What program are you recording with? Doc

3. casper

casper Guest

Doc, I am using Sonar 2.0. My main focus is the voval track.

4. Doublehelix

Doublehelix Well-Known Member

Have you tried the PSP Vintage Warmer? It has a similar application, and is a great plug for not much dough.

5. jpetrisko

jpetrisko Guest

I didn't find it very useful for vox. It's tough to find a nice middle ground with it. I did find it quite nice on bass though.

6. casper

casper Guest

Thanks for the input Jason.

7. Thinking laterally, I would recommend checking out the Studio Projects VTB-1 preamp. It is a starved plate tube design, allowing variable amounts of the signal to be sent through the tube. It is a great solid state preamp without even using the tube, and can "warm up" signals. Sansamp also works alright. Doc

8. casper

casper Guest

Thanks for the hardware suggestion "DOC". I will definitly take a look at that option.